WordPress is a powerful option for helping your business to establish an online presence. Jack from Riselabs is holding a WordPress Workshop this November to help WordPress users manage their own website.
Held at the Allia Future Business Centre Peterborough on the Wednesday 23rd November from 10:30am – 12:30pm, Jack is providing an insight into his WordPress knowledge and experience to help your business to leverage WordPress’ functionality.
If you use WordPress for any feature of your website’s frontend or content management, then this free two-hour workshop will get you up to speed. Here, you’ll on everything that’s required for you to use WordPress for your intended purpose. This workshop will largely cater to those who only know little about WordPress or have a basic familiarity with features. However, Jack will also be offering a couple of expert tips that are sure to be of some real value to many of you that come along. Please ensure you bring a laptop with you so that you can make the most out of this session and get involved!
The WordPress workshop will cover:
- How to set up WordPress from scratch
- Famous 5 min install
- How it’s all connected
- How hosting works for WordPress
- Best practice tips
- Installing themes and plugins
- Editing themes
- Starting your own theme development
- HTML & CSS
- Looking after a website on behalf of yourself or a client and
- need to know more about the basics.
- Advanced functionality
- How plugins and both help and hinder a WordPress website.
- Extending WordPress: using it for E-commerce and other
- Security and best practice
Developing/Designing for WordPress
- Basics of using a stock theme or custom theme
- Using the themes ability to customise the website style
- Working with a custom theme on code level
- Creating and developing themes and more advanced code.
Book now to avoid missing out: http://peterborough.futurebusinesscentre.co.uk/events/wordpress-workshop